Today I want to talk to you about what I consider to be one of the biggest time wasters—running errands. Think about it…You have to travel to the store (and typically you’re going to multiple places), park the car, find what you’re looking for, fight the lines when you want to check out and then drive home. And on top of it, if you have little ones like I do, you’re praying that they don’t have a meltdown or tantrum while you’re there. To avoid all of this, I have become a huge fan of online shopping, Check out my 5 favorite websites to buy from, as well as 2 bonus tips for when you absolutely need to run to the store.
- Amazon.com: You can get just about anything on Amazon these days—and when you spend $25 or more, you can typically get FREE Super Saver Shipping. Better yet, I’d recommend splurging for an Amazon Prime membership. For $79 a year, you get free 2-day shipping, as well as instant streaming of movies & TV shows.
- Diapers.com: For those of you with babies & toddlers, this website will change your life. You can order diapers, wipes, pull-ups, formula, baby food and more—and it’s all shipped free in 2 days or quicker, provided you spend at least $49 (which is easy to do when you’re purchasing these items).
- Peapod.com: If you’re like me, you tend to shop every week for the same grocery items over and over. So why not just order them with a click of your mouse and get them delivered right to your house at a time that’s convenient for you? This service alone easily saves me a couple of hours a week.
- Zappos.com: Free overnight shipping, free returns & a 365-day return policy make Zappos irresistible to me. What’s great is that if I’m not sure which shoes I’ll like or which size will fit best, I order in a couple of sizes in a few different styles. When they come in the next day, I try them all on and then immediately pack up the ones that don’t work, slap on the return label and bring them back to the post office the next time I run out. Easy peasy!
- Drugstore.com: This is a great site to order medicines, personal care products, cleaning products, bath products and more. And you get free shipping on all orders over $25!
Of course, sometimes you really do need to run to the store personally. In these cases, I recommend going on “off peak” hours when the stores will be less crowded, as well as “batching” your errands and getting a few of them out of the way within the same geographical area.
So those are my suggestions for saving time running errands. Would love to know if you have any time saving tips as well! Please share in the comments below.